GST registration guide to sell on Flipkart
Searching for GST Registration process to sell on Flipkart? Here’s a quick guide on GST Registration for flipkart seller. Follow these guide to get yourself GST registered. Check out the list of documents required for registration.
Every seller who wants to sell on an e-commerce platform such as Flipkart, or Amazon must have a valid GST number. Therefore, If you are planning to sell online on Flipkart, or Amazon you should first apply for GST registration.
Introduction – Goods and Services Tax
Under the new GST regime, every business or individual supplying taxable good and services, and having an annual turnover exceeding Rs. 20 Lacs are required to register under the GST Act.
Only after completing the online GST registration process you will get your GSTIN number. This number is a unique 15-digit number.
Eligibility criteria for GST Registration
The following are the categories and eligibility criteria for the GST registration process:
Any business providing a service value of more than 20 lacs annually has to register under GST. Any business engaged in the supply of goods whose value exceeds Rs. 40 lacs annually has to register under GST.
Any business providing inter-state services need to apply for GST registration only if their turnover is more than 20 Lacs annually. Any business supplying good from one state to another has to register under GST irrespective of their turnover.
Selling on e-commerce Platform
Any business or individual supplying goods or services through an e-commerce marketplace like Amazon, Flipkart, Zomato, Swiggy, Myntra, BigBasket, Zepto etc., need to register under GST irrespective of their turnover.
Types of GST Registration
The following are the categories of the types of GST registration:
- Normal Taxpayer
- Composition Taxpayer
- Casual Taxpayer
- Input Service Distributor (ISD)
- Non Resident Taxpayer
- Special Economic Zone (SEZ) Developer or Unit
Any taxpayer operating a business in India has to register under GST. These types of taxpayers do not require a deposit and are also provided with unlimited validity date.
Individuals can register as a composite taxpayer under the GST Composition Scheme. Taxpayer registered under this scheme have to pay a flat GST rate, however, they cannot claim the input tax credit (ITC).
Individuals residing outside India who supply goods and services to residents in India need to register under GST as a non-resident taxpayer.
List of Documents required for GST Registration
The following list of documents are required for the GST registration:
- PAN card copy of the applicant
PAN is mandatory for GST registration. If you don’t have PAN, you need to apply for PAN first to get GSTIN.
- Business Incorporation certificate, if any (such as Partnership deed in case of partnership, Certificate of Incorporation in case of Pvt Ltd Company)
- Latest Passport size photo of the applicant
- PAN or Aadhaar of promoters or partners
- Address proof of the business (Electricity Bill, Rental agreement in case of rented premise)
- Current Bank account details (if any) of business
GST Registration Process for Flipkart Seller
Enrolling for a GSTIN is a complex procedure. You must have expert guidance to complete the process successfully.
All Flipkart sellers need to apply for GST before registration on Flipkart Seller Portal.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit Government GST Registration Portal
- GST Portal Home page will be displayed.
- Navigate to header menu and Click the Services > Registration > New Registration option.
- Create your new username and password using the provisional ID and password.
- Again Login to the GST portal using your new details as filled in the previous step. Fill out all necessary details in the fields provided in the enrollment form Part A and Part B.
- Attach all the necessary documents
- After that, you need to sign your enrollment application via EVC or Digital signature.
- Submit your enrollment application along with all the necessary documents.
If the GSTIN authorities find your application details and attachments in order, an Application Reference Number (ARN) will be issued to you.
After successful processing and approval of your application, GSTIN will be allotted to you.
Recommended Service to manage your e-commerce business:
- Sole Proprietorship Registration
- GST Registration
- Trademark Registration
- GST Return Filing
- TDS Return Filing & Compliance
- ISO Registration
- Udyam (MSME) Registration
Need Help for GST Registration? TALK to Expert
GST Registration City wise
|GST Registration in Noida||GST Registration in Ghaziabad|
|GST Registration in Delhi||GST Registration in Mumbai|
|GST Registration in Pune||GST Registration in Bangalore|
|GST Registration in Hyderabad||GST Registration in Chennai|
|GST Registration in Patna||GST Registration in Bhopal|
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.”