Private Limited Company
Private Limited Company Registration
Private Limited Company is the most suitable and democratic form of entity for carrying out business in India with a long term objective. It is also the preferred choice of business for IT startups planning to raise fund.
As, Private Limited Companies are required to hold board meetings and file annual returns with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), so it has considered and viewed with more credibility than a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), One Person Company (OPC) or General Partnership.
Minimum Requirement to register or form a Private Limited Company
Minimum Two Shareholders, Minimum Two Directors, DIN of the two proposed Directors, DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) for two Directors, Minimum Share Capital shall be Rs. 100,000 (INR One Lac), Consent from the Subscriber or Director, Proof of Registered Address, NOC from the owner of premises
* The directors and shareholders can be the same Person
For Directors/ Shareholders
- PAN Card or Passport Copy
- Address proof Copy - Voter ID Card/Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License
- Latest Bank Statement/Telephone or Mobile Bill/Electricity or Gas Bill (Scanned copy)
- Passport Size photograph
- Specimen signature (blank document with signature)
For the Registered Office
- Registered Address Proof - Sale Deed/Property Deed in English (in case of owned property) or Rent Agreement
- Utility Bill Copy - Latest Bank Statement/Telephone or Mobile Bill/Electricity or Gas Bill
- No-objection Certificate (NOC) from property owner for use of premises, if required
Note: Registered office need not be a commercial space; it can be your residence, too.
How many people are required to incorporate a Pvt. Limited Company?
To incorporate a private limited company, a minimum of two people are required. A private limited company must have a minimum of two Directors and can have upto a maximum of fifteen Directors. A minimum of two shareholders and a maximum of upto 200 shareholders are allowed in a private limited company.
How much time is needed for Registration of a company?
With New form INC 29 the total time to register a Private Limited company is 8-15 working days.
Can another company be a shareholder in Private Limited Company?
Yes, however a person needs to appoint an alternative director on behalf of that investing company.
Can a Salaried person become the director in a Private Limited Company?
Yes, a salaried person can become the director in Private Limited Company, there are no legal hurdles in this but you have to check your employment agreement if it contains any restrictions on doing so.
I am residing at a place where you don’t have an office, what to do?
Company incorporation process is online. In case we don’t have a physical office in your city, you can email / upload us the required documents or send us through courier.